Bishopric of Public, Ecumenical & Social Services of the Coptic Orthodox Church (BLESS/COC)
Coptic Orthodox Church / Bishopric of Public, Ecumenical & Social Services (COC/BLESS)
BLESS Development Department mission is: to help poor and marginalised people discover and develop their potential and improve the conditions of their communities: socially, culturally and economically.
- BLESS focuses on the human being irrespective of race, age, sex or religion.
- BLESS engages in community-based development with poor and marginalised communities.
- BLESS focuses on sustainability with target communities to enable them to be self-sufficient.
- BLESS works on average with 30 different communities at the same time.
BLESS Development Department runs seven programmes:
- Community Organisation Progamme
- Health & Environment Programme
- Economic Programme
- Rural Development Programme
- Child Programme
- Education Programme
- Youth Programme
BLESS Development Department also runs three support centres:
- Coptic Center for Human Resource Development “CHRD”
- Coptic Center for Social Studies “CCSS”
- Coptic Center for Pubic Relations “CCPR”
Latest from Bishopric of Public, Ecumenical & Social Services of the Coptic Orthodox Church (BLESS/COC)
Apr 19, 2013
19 April 2013 - The democratic uprisings across the Middle East have produced huge economic ripples in the region, forcing many Egyptians working abroad to return to their home communities, which are in desperate need of revitalisation.