Consejo Latinoamericano de Iglesias (Latin American Council of Churches) (CLAI)
CLAI is a Regional Ecumenical Organisation with a membership of 175 Latin American churches with presence in every country in the region.
CLAI has the following objectives:
- Promoting the unity of God’s people as part of the concept of mission and service to the world.
- Stimulating member churches to unify diakonia and evangelisation.
- Strengthening capacity in advocacy and public, social and political participation of the churches and of CLAI itself.
- Promoting reflection and theological dialogue.
- Training leadership on social issues of development and pastoral work.
Latest from Consejo Latinoamericano de Iglesias (Latin American Council of Churches) (CLAI)
May 02, 2013
Colombia's recent progress in promoting human rights is promising, but the country still has a long way to go in meeting its obligations in this area.