- Dadaab, the world's largest refugee camp in north-eastern Kenya, is home to nearly half-a-million people, most of whom have fled war-torn and drought-ravaged neighboring Somalia.
- Pictures from Burkina Faso near the border with Mali. Millions in the region are on the brink of famine.
- Global Day of Action participants march during the COP17
- Images from Durban's interfaith rally – an inspiration for the UN climate change talks
- Protesters demanded that UN delegates take steps to cap global warming and protect those worst hit
- High tech solutions mean safety for these students during an earthquake or hurricane
- Barb Summers blogs from the road to Dadaab
- Officials must decide whether a new extension to Dollo Odo is needed, just weeks after a fourth camp there was opened