- UN OCHA estimated last week that an additional 140,000 people have been displaced in and around Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo, since rebels took the city on November 20.
- Images from the Doha climate change march December 1, 2012. A number of ACT members attending the COP18 climate talks in Doha took part in the march.
- The population of the Za'atari refugee camp in Jordan has already surpassed 41,000 and is expected to reach peak capacity of 60,000 shortly, as more Syrians flee fighting.
- These photographs offer a glimpse inside the Za'atari refugee camp in northern Jordan, which is continuing to receive large numbers of new Syrian refugees uprooted by violence at home.
- More than 110,000 Sudanese refugees are living in four camps in the Upper Nile state of South Sudan, with more expected imminently as fighting continues.
- The 'Jan Satyagraha,' the world's largest march for land justice, aims to help lift 400 million Indians out of poverty.
- Indigenous people in the northern Cauca region of Colombia have long been caught in the violent cross hairs of civil war – but they are pushing back against the scourge of militarisation.
- For two and half days it rained; flood waters rose, homes were destroyed and lives ultimately lost. At the last count more than 60 people had been killed in and around Manila.