Chile: post-disaster housing
Friday, August 27, 2010
Some 80,000 houses were lost in the earthquake in Chile on 27 February 2010. ACT members and their partners are working to replace housing for some of the most vulnerable families in the area hardest hit by the earthquake around Coronel.
ACT members form part of the Inter-eclesial Emergency Committee of Chile (Comité Intereclesiástico de Emergencia de Chile), along with their partners SEPADE and EPES and IELCH. SEPADE has taken responsility for the housing in the ACT response. This gallery of images by Sean Hawkey shows some of their work.
- Chile: trauma and psychosocial care
- Chile: survivors' camp
- Chile: prioritising participation
- Chile: television report on ACT work
- Chile: "a successful earthquake"
- Chile: post-disaster housing
- Chile earthquake and tsunami damage
- Chile earthquake: ACT already present