Pakistan: capitalising on recovery
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
In 2010, the worst floods to hit Pakistan in 80 years left the country needing years of support to recover its infrastructure, jobs, housing and farmland. ACT Alliance partner Church World Service Pakistan/Afghanistan promises continued support to the people affected by this disaster.
Already tens of thousands of people have received food, shelter and medical assistance from ACT. Mobile health clinics have provided healthcare, consultations and antenatal care, temporary housing, and household goods. This video shows the cash for work component of the support.
- Pakistan: capitalising on recovery
- Pakistan as winter looms
- Pakistan: survivor's story - Royan
- Pakistan: Survivors' stories
- Pakistan: 14m affected but still worse to come
- Pakistan: cycle of loss and destruction tests resilience
- Pakistan: heavy monsoon leaves people dead, stranded
- Pakistan: Homeless in the heat