All stories related to Burkina Faso
Jan 28, 2013
The conflict in Mali is creating a new wave of civilian displacement that is straining already scarce resources and deepening the humanitarian crisis in Mali and neighbouring countries.
Aug 16, 2012
Christian Aid, in collaboration with Norwegian Church Aid, is escalating its work to alleviate a deepening hunger crisis in West Africa.
Jun 07, 2012
In the field of emergency assistance, we’re always seeking to target the most vulnerable people, Erik Johnson says after visiting Burkina Faso
Mar 02, 2012
The struggle of one family in one village in Burkina Faso illustrates the dangers of this emerging food crisis
Feb 24, 2012
Successful development initiatives have borne fruit in the midst of failed rains and crops.
Feb 23, 2012
This video shot in Burkina Faso documents the impact of the "worst drought since 1973." In the drought stricken Sahel region of West Africa, 19 million people face the spectre of famine.
Feb 22, 2012
Pictures from Burkina Faso near the border with Mali. Millions in the region are on the brink of famine.
Feb 20, 2012
An audio interview with Paul Valentin from Burkina Faso on the region's deepening food crisis.
Feb 14, 2012
A video presentation of the Sahel Working Group report about the value of prevention
Apr 25, 2010
A short film with simple messages on malaria prevention and treatment
ACT in Burkina Faso
Organisations with HQ in Burkina Faso
- Association des Eglises Evangéliques Réformées du Burkina Faso (Association of Reformed Evangelical Churches of Burkina Faso) (AEERB)
International organisations in Burkina Faso
Organisations funding work in Burkina Faso
- Brot für Alle/Pain pour le Prochain (Bread for All) (BfA)
- Brot für die Welt (BfdW) (Bread for the World)
- Diakonie Austria
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
- Inter-Church Organisation for Development Cooperation (ICCO)
- Kerk In Actie (KIA)
- Solidarité Protestante (Protestant Solidarity) (SP)
- diakonia, Sweden
About Burkina Faso
- Population: 16.9 million (World Bank, 2011)
- Capital: Ouagadougou
- Area: 274,200 sq km (105,870 sq miles)
- Major languages: French, indigenous languages
- Major religions: Indigenous beliefs, Islam, Christianity
- Life expectancy: 52 years (men), 54 years (women) (UN)
- Monetary unit: 1 CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc = 100 centimes
- Main exports: Cotton, animal products, gold
- GNI per capita: US $480 (World Bank, 2008)